This is how the Russian Helicopters Rostovka Plant build the Mi-26, Mi-28 and Mi-35! We’ve given special attention to the Mi-28NE “Night Hunter” which now has dual controls, from the cockpit for the pilot and for the pilot operator too!
All images are courtesy of fyodor-photo.livejournal.com
1. The life of the helicopter (as well as its modifications) today starts on the computer.
2. Rostvertol includes many different industries. This is an anodizing plant.
3. On the way to a new helicopter.
4. Women have long competed with men for jobs at aviation plants.
5. Work as music.
6. The blade factory.
7. There still are jobs that require heavy physical labor.
8. Sanding and cleaning to make the perfect aerodynamic surface
9. Automation of production is not in place at this stage
10. The poster translates roughly to “Be your own quality control, take pride in your work.”
11. Aviation without cats? Not the case here!
12. We move on to the assembly hall. On the way, we’ve noticed it’s always time for helicopters here!
13. Finally, aAssembling the Mi-28NE, our goal!
14. The cockpit requires as few analog instruments as possible
15. The helicopter assembly process.
16. They sure look mean!
17. “I write down the coordinates of the target!” 30-mm gun Shipunova.
18. And this is an Mi-35.
19. Fun on the Workshop floor
20. Mi-35 and Mi-26, a good opportunity to compare the sizes
24. Twin 23-mm cannon GS-23.
25. Work on equipping the cabin.
26. Engines TV3-117
29. Exhaust system
28. Black box. Orange, as it should be.
29. Remote control tractor to move the chopper around the factory floor
30. The giant Mi-26T2.
31. Working with the power plant.
32. Two cockpits but only one helicopter
32. Awaiting developments on the airfield. The old men of the Mi-26 are bored in the parking lot.
34. Newcomers also bored once – the Mi-26T2 will soon be going to a customer.
35. The cabin of a Mi-26
36. Mi-28NE and Mi-26T2 in the “desert” colors. “E” – means the export.
37. Demonstrating the new machine. Mi-28NE “Night Hunter”.
That is a helicopter with stunning looks!
44.Talking to the press
45. The cockpit of the pilot on the Mi-28NE
46. The cabin of the pilot-operator.
47. Variations are possible on winglets. This is a container for the rockets.
48.On the lift, missiles, antitank.
Thanks again to our friends at fyodor-photo.livejournal.com for the pictures!