You can now be the owner 6 of these beasts; they are for sale on eBay for only 4 Million Dollars! The seller guarantees that you will buy an airworthy helicopter, a full overhaul in included in the sale!
The Mi-24 is a large helicopter gunship, attack helicopter and low-capacity troop transport with room for eight passengers or 4 stretchers, depending on its role. While of the same basic configuration as its predecessors, and with a dynamic system based on that of the Mi-8, the Mi-24 has a more slender fuselage.
The maximum speed is over 200 MPH that is considerably faster than the AH-64 Apache, and the Hind has a range of 280 miles. The Hind is armed with two Turbine engines that both deliver 2,200 horsepower.
Usually, it’s armed with:
- One 12.7mm Gatling gun with a maximum of 1470 rounds.
- A dual-barrel autocannon with 750 rounds of 30x165mm ammunition that it can fire at a rate of 300 to 2600 rounds per minute.
- One twin-barreled 23mm autocannon with 450 rounds of ammunition and a rate of fire of 3400 rounds per minute.
- In the passenger compartment, there are window mounted machine guns
- It can also carry up to 1500kg of bombs externally
- YakB-127Yakushev-Borzov YakB-12.7 Gattling machine gun
It is in service since 1972 by the Soviet Air Force and its successors, along with more than 30 other nations and in total around 2300 MI-24’s have been built, and most are still in service.
The NATO codename for it was Hind, the Russians call it the “Flying Tank” or the “Crocodile” because of its camouflage or “Drinking Glass” because of the flat glass plates that surround the Mi-24’s cockpit. The Mi-24 fuselage is heavily armored and can resist impacts from 0.50 cal rounds from all angles; the cockpit was protected by ballistic-resistant windscreens and a titanium-armored tub.
The Mi-24 was heavily employed by the Iraqi Army during their invasion of Kuwait, although most were withdrawn by Saddam Hussein when it became apparent that they would be needed to help retain his grip on power in the aftermath of the war.
- Modell Мi-24P
- Diameter of the main rotor, m17.30
- Diameter of the tail rotor, m1.50
- Height m3.90
- Empty Weight 8200kg
- Normal take off weight 11200
- Maximum take-off weight 11500kg
- internal fuel, l1500 + optional 1000
- external fuel, l1200 (4 х 500 l)
- Engine type2 GTD ТВ3-117ВМАHorsepower2 х 2225
- Maximum speed, km / h320
- Cruising speed, km / h280
- Range, km1000
- Service ceiling, m4500
- Static ceiling, m1750
- Crew: 2
- Payload: up to 8 soldiers or 4 stretchers or 2,400 kg of cargo