Photo story (Clockwise from top left): (1) An aerial photographer carrying out WWI aerial photography (2) A series of overlapping photographs joined together. In this way a whole country can be mapped by means of photography. It will be appreciated that to obtain photographs such as these, the pilot must […]
FACEBOOK & NEWSLETTER
- Greenham Common Cold War Control Tower’s Restoration Begins
- WHO-Tube: Tiger 1 start up – turn the volume UP!
- Spy who broke ‘Nazi’ spy ring revealed at last!
- Formula One legend, Murray Walker was a Sherman commander
- Historic British warships being stripped bare for scrap metal
- WWII plane’s landing gear fails at New Smyrna Beach airport
- Master Chief Lee Mauk served aboard nuclear sub Skate that sailed in ’58 under Polar Icecap
- Five amazing occasions when enemies in war worked together
- WWII German U-Boat found sunk near American Freighter off North Carolina
- KAMIKAZE Attacks on the U.S.S. Newcombe – from Yank Magazine, 1945